Skip to main content

Reply to "Impact Camps"

One of my best players went last summer after junior year of high school.  It was "invite only" and I helped him get the invite.  There were roughly 7-10 schools there.  The brochure stated more would be there, also stated they would be radar gun tested on every throw from their positions, that didn't happen.  They may have clocked the pitchers but this particular player is a SS and they did not clock him.  He is a very good player and had a very solid day at the camp.  From what I remember, they took a round of BP and a round of infield.  I believe he was timed in the 60 but can't swear to it.  He was approached by the Dirtbags wanting him to play for them and got a follow up camp invitation from one of the D2 schools there that was personalized and said they saw him at the Impact camp and would like to see him on campus.  I was very surprised he did not garner more interest at the camp.  If you've got the money, from what I remember it was about $125 bucks then it's probably worth it.  Never know who might be there...the one he went to was in the triad.  Myrtle Beach might be a different mix of schools.  Depending on what grade your son is in I would probably have him contact his top few schools and tell them he will be at the Impact camp and see if they will be there.  Good luck.  Ultimately my guy signed with another D2 that wasn't a the camp, with academics and athletics combined he received a VERY GOOD financial package, is projected to be starting SS as a freshman, replacing an All American, and has already committed to play SS for a team in the Coastal Plains League next summer.  Really quality, high energy  person as well...I tell you all that and he still garnered nearly no attention at the Impact Camp when he had a really good day...not sure why.