Skip to main content

Reply to "Impact Camps"

Grindneverstop posted:

My son is a Jr. And we have gotten several personal invite to d1 and d2 camps to further evaluate him. He wants to play college ball he has the skills and grades just trying to get him in front of as many coaches that we can. 

Welcome to the site, Grind.  Hopefully, you will continue to get feedback from those who have direct experience with the Impact camp.  

Meanwhile, you can search this site for recent (and not-so-recent) discussions on just about any topic.  There is a TON of information on the recruiting process.  Depending on other specifics with your son, you may find it advantageous to look into other threads about that.  Based on the part of your comment that I bolded, it sounds like you may be taking a shotgun approach.  That can be effective but, particularly considering your son is a junior, it may also be helpful if you narrowed the search by coming up with a realistic list of schools to target and then figuring out the most efficient way to communicate with and get in front of those coaches.  I am talking about consideration to things like son's chosen major, parents' college budget, proximity to home, academic emphasis, religious slant, preferred class size, town size, weather and other environment considerations, baseball fit, etc.  If, after you have gone through a culling process, there are schools on your list that will be at this camp and you are able to have dialog prior to attending, it will hold far more value.  If very few of your target schools are in attendance, then less value and maybe another choice makes more sense.

Keep in mind that the school choice goes far beyond baseball and, as others here say, it is about the next 40 years, not just the next 4 years.

Last edited by cabbagedad