Skip to main content

Reply to "Impact of new eligibility rules on 2020's and 2021's"

Some of you are on high horses with blinders on.  Open the eyes and look at SEC football.  Guys play 3 years and end up with 48 credit hours.  They don't even really go their senior year.  They register and go enough not to be dropped.  Baseball is no different some places.  We are talking about guys who have graduated and are trying to figure out how to cheaply stay another year to be eligible for a higher draft slot.  I'm not talking guys who are getting degrees in biosomething.  I'm talking the guy who is there for baseball and has graduated or only needs a class or two to graduate and wants to come back to give himself a better shot at the draft.  Those guys will take as few as they can in the fall and as easy as they can.  They will register in the spring and go enough to stay eligible.  I would say the coaches that are letting these seniors come back will not argue a bit with these players for doing it.  They know why the player is coming back and they know they are getting something for very little.  They are getting a guy who should have been drafted but was given a free pass to get an extra year to earn a living. 

My son is on schedule to graduate in 3 or at the most 3 1/2 so this gives him an extra year to get an extra degree if he doesn't get drafted after his now corona sophomore year, or corona junior year.