Skip to main content

Reply to "Impact of new eligibility rules on 2020's and 2021's"

GloFisher posted:

I think its constructive to focus on what percentage of seniors who will want to come back.   I found it interesting that an Ivy League senior with a job in the fall wants to come back (article posted in this thread) although ivy rules do not allow him to.  is that the norm?  I suspect the higher level of baseball the higher percentage.  are we talking 50% or higher?  curious of people's opinion and anecdotes.  the bigger issue id suspect are the juniors that will not be drafted adding to the log jam.  

I'd be willing to bet that senior knows it won't happen but if it did he would have to seriously think about it. But that really means he would have to seriously think about pursuing a graduate degree. So by not taking the job he would be have to make the decision to delay entering the workforce for two years so that he can get his masters degree. Oh, and while he's doing that why not play one more season of college baseball?

But he knows this will not happen as the Ivy League would have to open up athletics to ALL graduate students. Not going to happen.