Skip to main content

Reply to "Impact of new eligibility rules on 2020's and 2021's"

adbono posted:
Eokerholm posted:

I get it but if the program didn’t recruit someone in junior or higher class that can throw above 92 with command, by that age, to give that spot to a corona senior or some transfer shame on them. My 17 year old can throw better than that and has sick command as do most of his team mates on summer ball. Plenty of young kids to come in and compete for that spot and they’ll win.

Tough conversations need to be had. Reality must be checked. 

I think the current situation just makes them all happen sooner. Or should.....

With all due respect, I have never seen a 17 year old with sick command. Much less more than one on the same team. And I have played and coached at the college level. Been around baseball for half a century. Just saying, I know your son is an elite pitcher but c’mon man! 

I have no doubt your son at this age, level, and team is one of the better players currently.  However,depending on where he goes for the next level it is difficult to predict how well a college freshman will perform (assuming not a 1st/2nd rounder).  I've seen highly recruited, touted, accolade packed prospects arrive freshman year and for whatever reason they couldn't perform at D1 level.  Every P5 and high/mid D1 programs have players from all over the country, all equally great during their high school careers, and yet only 12-14 will see any meaningful playing time.  If your kid is that good, I would say bring it on, he will beat out any player is his position freshman - Rsr.  I would feel a little sorry for those Corona Sr's who my son takes their position away from them (j/k).   JMO

Last edited by TheMaskedPlayer