Skip to main content

Reply to "Impact on Team When a College Coach Leaves"

This actually happened to me.  I went to JuCo my first two years and was being recruited by some Big D1 schools.  So it was a very hard decision for me to make.  One of the main reasons I chose to go to Auburn University was because of the coaching staff.  Unfortunately, after my Junior season (my first year there) 90% of the staff was let go.  I was contemplating quitting or trying to transfer schools.  In the end I stuck it out and it all worked out great!  The new coaches were awesome and I learned so much that year and had one of the best years of my life.  I wish I would have had a more positive experience going into that year versus worrying so much over the summer.  I guess the take away from my story would be you can't worry about things you can't change so just make the best of it and if it turns out bad, then you can try to figure it out from there.  Just remember the new coaches are coming in with the intentions to make the program better, so it should be a fresh start for everyone!