Reply to "Importance of an experienced Agent"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by itsinthegame:
Chill,

"It is an interesting point.
Again - I say this with no disrespect intended - but the phenomenon of agent's squeezing every last penny out of the professional clubs (in the name of "taking care of the client) seems to be changing a bit."

I wasn't trying to advocate "squeezing every last penny out of the professional clubs". All I was trying to point out was that an Agent who had more experience/ability would have done a better job of structuring the deal and netted more money for his client without increasing the amount paid by the team by a single penny.

"Perhaps the difference between 75 million and an "unhappy" marriage versus 72 million and a happy marriage is worth something after all."

Not to nit pick but the number was $42 million. However, I agree about keeping the "happy marriage" part of a players career. I have ALWAYS emphasized that since day 1 of my career. The reality is no matter how great the player, the name is only stitched on the back of jersey & the team can stich a different name there whenever they want.