Skip to main content

Reply to "Importance of an experienced Agent"

quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
VC

I am not here to give approval or disapproval on your thoughts. I am more concerned with people making a mistake that can cost them dearly

You still are advocating that kids break a rule-- it is not a matter of whether the rule is right or wrong--that is a debate for another time and place--the fact is that it exists and you are telling people to break that rule because you say it is "ridiculous"--the NCAA does not see it that way and they happen to have the "HAMMER"

We have guys around here who are calling themselves "agents" and asking 15 and 16 year old kids in HS to sign "contracts" and telling them they can get drafted by this or that MLB team .

There are people out there being taken advantage of without knowing the ramifications of their actions.

You may be the best darned agent in the world but you are off base, at least in my mind, directing kids to break the rules that are in existence.

TRhit

OK TR let's play it your way because you may be the best darned TRhitter in the world. All you Parents & Players, don't even talk to an Agent until you/your Son have signed his/your first professional contract. That way you will violate NONE of the sacred NCAA rules.

Be prepared however, to sign for about 50% of what you're really worth because that's what would happen if teams knew they wouldn't have to deal with Agents on draft choice contracts.

Just like the "good old days" TR before drafted players used Agents. Remember when Jeff Burroughs was the #1 pick in the draft? He signed for a whopping $80,000. He was MVP of the American League where he was finally paid what he was worth BECAUSE of the work of #1 Marvin Miller & #2 Jeff's Agent.

How much do you think he worried about the NCAA when his Son Sean was drafted #1 by the Padres?

There TR, now I hope you can sleep better tonight knowing that the uncorruptable NCAA can maintain it's hallowed, place in our society guarding the morals of our children while the NCAA makes BILLIONS of dollars exploiting them.
Welcome to the 21st century.
Last edited {1}