Skip to main content

Reply to "In-Season Recruiting: How Does It Work?"

2019Dad posted:
CTbballDad posted:

Have a question but didn't think it was worthy of it's own thread, so I picked this one.  College coaches are asking son for his summer schedule.  He's got a couple of College Prospect Clinics scheduled with multiple schools in attendance.  Is it appropriate to include that on the schedule to schools not part of the, or would they find that wrong to include?  Thanks!

Great question. My son is going to attend a camp at a specific school (the only school-specific camp he is going to this summer, or has ever gone to -- and there are not multiple schools in attendance), and when asked for his summer schedule (by other schools), he has not been including that one. Not sure if that's the right call or not. Other input would be welcome.

The reasoning was that he didn't want to give other colleges the impression that the school whose camp he is attending is his top choice, or that he had his heart set on it, etc. Again, not sure if that's the right way to do it.

CT, I would definitely include the College Prospects Clinics since multiple schools will be there. Your target school might be on the fence about attending one of them, and that information could make the difference. They also might have a relationship with someone from one of the schools who will be attending, and they could ask that person to take a look at you for them.
2019Dad, I think your son's situation is a little trickier. I don't think you can go wrong by not mentioning the school specific camps. However, you could just include something like "8/11/18 - College Camp". First, it would let them know that your son is serious about recruiting, and that he will be talking to other schools. Second, it might initiate a dialogue like, "Why don't I see our camp on your list?"