Skip to main content

Reply to "Incoming Recruiting Class Analysis"

@Ster posted:

The problem is that most parents and players do not understand this.  They see a big name school recruiting them, commit when they are 16, daddy is all proud to talk about how his son is going to be a star at State University, and then by Thanksgiving of the freshman year the coaching staff realizes that that he can't hit high velocity pitching, or throws 92 mph fastballs, but can't find the strike zone and they are encouraged to put their name in the transfer portal.

Sometimes big name schools come with big name problems.   

I get it that most players and parents don’t understand this. But it’s absolutely the truth. That’s why I talk about it here and everywhere else I have a chance. I’m a player’s advocate above all else and I don’t think the current situation treats players very well. All you can do is try to educate people to the reality of what’s happening. It doesn’t help matters that some RCs at big name schools keep recruiting big classes of freshmen when they know that 50% of them will never wear a uniform. It also doesn’t help that some people are just in denial and refuse to accept the current situation in spite of all the evidence in front of them. But I guess you could say that about a lot of things right now.