Skip to main content

Reply to "Incoming Recruiting Class Analysis"

@adbono posted:

I don’t see a solution until all the players with extra years of eligibility have aged out of college baseball. And even then I think the change needs to come from the side of the consumer (player & parents). They have to be more educated about the process and make more informed (and better) decisions. At the highest level of D1 the baseball programs are a business and are operated as such - and that’s no secret. So it should come as no surprise that decisions can be cold and hard. Scholarships can be taken away as easily as they are given. That trend has been going on for years so that should not be a surprise to anyone at this point either. And it doesn’t matter if it’s a P5 school either. Games are played with scholarships at all kinds of schools because they have the upper hand in the entire process. The only immediate answer I have is for players and parents to do a better job navigating the recruiting process. There is a lot of free information out there if people are willing to look. And willing to ask questions.

I have heard (via DM from someone on here) that some consultants/coaches are encouraging all HS players to do a gap or PG year, so their college playing age is 19-23 instead of 18-22. This was coming out of the Northeast.

Anyone else heard of this?