Skip to main content

Reply to "Indiana University"

Putting the baseball issues aside, If you haven't visited IU, do so before picking it and forgetting baseball make sure it is the right fit as you should with any school but curiously, especially IU in my opinion.

your location says mid-atlantic so not sure where you are. I am from the west coast. One of my kids went to IU and couldn't transfer fast enough. It's a real culture shock to any kid from a metropolitan area. The place is a confusing mix of the mid-west and the south.

HORRIBLE weather. Social life is absolutely DOMINATED by the greek system and liquor like no school I have ever seen. Never saw so many liquor stores in one small town in my life.

At football games 1/2 the fans watch on tv in the parking lot and 1/2 the stadium is empty. It is just bizarre. Basketball is king but their program has been in the dumpster for years.

Feeder school for Indiana High students, if you are from any where out of the mid-west they treat you like you are from Mars. The Wall Street Journal actually did a study of sorts of the culture clashes between the local kids and those from the east and west coasts. One of the oddest places I have ever been too.
Last edited by HeyBatter