Skip to main content

Reply to "Info for Canadian players re:college, post-college, financial etc."

Deborah,

The book is called Barron's How to Prepare for the SAT* I 21st Edition (I imagine that they have another edition out already)

The ISB number is 0-7641-1390-9

They also have a website http://www.barrontestprep.com

No unfortunately I haven't been to the Baseball Zone though I've read up on it and would like to workout there for it is one of the best if not the best place to workout for in Ontario from what I've been told.

I do agree with the point about a kid will listen more to a Coach or a player then a parent, if you wish I'd be more then happy to talk to your son one on one and share my stories and help get the point accross to him about school.

Yea JUCOs are great for 2 reasons
1.) If you don't have the marks to get into NCAA or NAIA school
2.) You can get drafted after your freshman year at a JUCO

Yes looking can be quite overwhelming just remember to take your time (a side note that you might want to look into is Schollys for JUCOs I remember my Coach [who used to be a Coach at a JUCO] say something along the lines of JUCOs can't offer schollys for athletics only academics, so that might be something to fuel your son more) and don't rush through looking at them.

Somethings to keep in mind that can narrow out schools quickly is size and location if that matters to you and your son.

I hope this helps, and remember I'm always here to answer any question, keep me posted.