Skip to main content

Reply to "Initial Contact Letter"

My son is an '07 grad so at this time last year we were doing the same thing. He send approx. seventy-five letters to coaches of all divisions expressing interest in their program. The list is now down to three, all D-III. I won't go through the entire grueling year with you but that's just the way it ended up. We sent them out U.S. Mail, all done on the word processor (except the signature), AND they were all personalized. Don't send the same generic letter out to every coach, they'll pick up on that right away. There's a great section on the process on this site somewhere. Sending them all U.S. Mail was a lot of work, stuffing envelopes, stamps, paper cuts, ect...but at the time I didn't trust that every coach was diligent about checking email. We have found though that most do check email. Like I say, it was a grueling year, but it was interesting and sort of fun at the same time. His list is narrowed down to three DIII schools and he knows he'll be happy playing for any of them. Good luck!