Skip to main content

Reply to "Interest from area scout - moving fast - overwhelmed"

I would agree with this.  Scout Team for this fall is the way to go over almost any other team.  You don't need a team next summer.  Most D1 players do not play much their summer before freshman college year and if they do it is normally just a few innings. 

BTW, Scout Team is not local playing like GOOSEGG described.  They have changed and are becoming the thing now because MLB teams can pay all expenses and travel bigger than most organizations.  My son was on the Royals Scout Team that made the change and caused a somewhat riff in travel/showcase ball.  The KC Royals paid for hotels, meals, uniforms, and others stuff.  We only had to pay to get them to the tournament which is really not that bad.  This changed the view of scout teams and now others are joining because their scouts get to spend quality time with these guys and find out what they are really about while also preparing them for the future.  I think it will ultimately transform top level travel ball in the future.  These teams are beginning to play each other more and not going to as many PG and other events because they don't need to.  Their younger teams are able to help get guys recruited at top schools because of connections. 

If anybody has a chance to play on one of these true Scout Teams, you should jump on it.