Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting correlation between pitching speed and body growth."

Ok guys let's not have ice cream wars. Eek
I understand what Bum is trying to say and I agree. Though you will always find ice cream in our freezer, you will never find son eating that or cake, or chips or any of that stuff, after doing his own research on what foods are important to fuel the body and build muscle. Learning early to eat properly is a plus for when they go off on their own.

You cannot compare what a swimmers caloric intake should be compared to a baseball player.

Replace the ice cream with frozen lowfat yogurt and the cheeseburgers with grilled chicken or a fish sandwich. Wheat bread to replace white bread, and water in lieu of soda or even gatorade. Baked or sweet potatoe or rice to replace french fries. Scratch the processed meats and foods. Teach your kids good eaing habits. My son gave up the school lunches as a senior, too many carbs, two turkey sandwiches, or two tuna sandwhiches with veggies, pretzels, etc. Too much fruit is too much sugar. Sncks can be almonds, cashews, etc.

Eating a bowl of ice cream before bedtime should be replaced with a bowl of whole grain cereal, milk and fruit or peanut butter, turkey sandwich, tuna or egg salad or a protein shake. The body grows when at rest, but looses muscle, it neeeds proper nuitrition to rebuild it while at rest. Smile

The only thing that I do not agree with is the pasta before bedtime, complex cards break down into sugar. Mine only eats pasta before workout, practice or a game.
Last edited by TPM