Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting Development on Pitch Counts in Georgia"

proudhesmine posted:

I see why the 64 innings is alot when your only playing 18-20 games.For now there is no rule here reguarding pitching.Why the school doesn't step in I have no clue.I hold them just as responsible.Stats completly right on sceduling.Over my guys 4 yrs. on V 7 games in 6 days or worse was just a normal thing.With early weather cancelling a number of times we had 18-20 games in 21-23 days. I never understood it. In years when you have plenty of pitching you can pick up the extra games very easy. Early on ( first 3 weeks or so) and during spring break games arn't that hard to find. During yrs.  light on pitching don't pick up the extras. Seems pretty easy. 28 games or so serves the same porpose as the 35 for the kids.

Isn’t this the rule for Il?

A player may not pitch more than nine innings in any one day, except, if a pitcher is pitching in the game when the score is tied at the end of the regulation period of play, the pitcher shall be permitted to continue pitching until he is relieved or the conclusion of the game, whichever occurs first.

Again, not exactly strict but not non-existent either.

I’m not sure, but I doubt that AD’s or principals have time to micro-manage every sport and activity to make sure every written and moral rule is adhered to. They hire a HC to do that.