Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting Recruiting Dilemma"

Please throw out the AA comment I made. That shows how much I still do not know about this whole biz. He is playing summer league time with a team that has AA and AAA players or who have played AA and AAA, and is keeping up well with them, hitting HRs over 435' with a wooden bat, etc. on a regular basis. They think he's ready for pro ball, the coaching staff, etc.

But I threw that in not realizing what great controversy it would create. Some good posts, though.

There are four colleges offering LOIs right now, not two. But really isn't an LOI just a verbal commitment with nothing to back it up? It's the NLOI we want, right? The one that commits both player and college to each other.

I am concerned about paying the balance due on the more expensive colleges, but to get a degree from any of the three that aren't state colleges might look better on a future resume in a profession other than baseball.

Ultimately he would like to play pro ball and it looks like a strong possibility. The pros are asking us now if he wants to or not. It's hard to know what to say, of course it is our son saying it. Luckily he's not a blabbermouth and just says he is leaving all options open.

I'm not a troll. That's cute.

I love this board.