Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting Recruiting Dilemma"

Thank you for the words of wisdom. At every stage in this journey we have had to kind of feel our way around in the dark. There is very little information you can believe or count on. That's why I'm here on this board, but obviously my throwing in that AA stuff was sort of dumb. It shows how much I need real facts.

Our son isn't ranked in the top 100 but some people who should be ranked there are not, and some who shouldn't be there, are. We are understanding that there may be other factors involved. Our son had a stellar season last year, outperforming many on that list, but he was not ranked higher. Who knows why?
This season, barring injury, he ought to be amazing. He's gained an inch and ten pounds or more of pure muscle, played with amazing players and done well enough to attract college and pro attention at this level.

The thing about our son is that he is not his best at showcases. Where he really shines is playing in games. At these showcases you get ranked after sitting on a bench for hours and they say, "okay now, here's your ten minutes". Some guys get ranked that way, but our son had a different experience. He made all state, all this and all that, first team, etc. But because he doesn't always look great in that 10 minutes of showcase time, he isn't ranked higher. Or maybe not. I don't understand it.

But obviously somebody else is watching.

It's been an interesting journey. This year should be fantastic. He's gonna blow people away. Then maybe he'll get some attention from the people who "rank 'em." Or not.

I appreciate the info about colleges. Makes me think that there is one of the four that might be the best fit, although they'll be expensive. Maybe we can get a better offer or get some grant aid, etc. to pull it off.

Thanks again.