Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting Recruiting Dilemma"

quote:
Originally posted by 2Fast:

It's been an interesting journey. This year should be fantastic. He's gonna blow people away. Then maybe he'll get some attention from the people who "rank 'em." Or not.

Unfortunetly this statment may have pushed some buttons. Also, obviously the remarks regarding being able to play AA. This is a very good time to do your homework, one book I suggest, Inside Pitch by George Gmelch, try Amazon or ebay.

This is a very exciting time. College coaches calling and giving offers, scouts watching, agents and advisors coming around. It's exciting and you begin to think, wow, maybe he can play beyond college, that's what I meant about catching teh fever. Your son is very fortunate and must be talented. However, do understand that this same dilemma happens every year for many. The best way to handle it is to take one step at a time. College decision first. Then your son can concentrate on his senior season and possibly proball options. Make sure your son makes a smart choice regarding school, because many things can happen between now and June, which may leave him with no option.

There are quite a few parents here of HS players who's players were listed in their senior year as top 30 prospects. Mega attention, but, when it's all said and done, and the dust settles, most off to college.

As far as living at home, that's ok, but I suggest not to send him off to play professional ball after HS for the reasons you give to live at home. Eek At school, although on their own, coaches look after them, that's part of their job and make strict rules. In proball, NO ONE is watching over your son, everyone is out to take your spot, it isn't just a college thing. Besides, it's time for him to learn how to make own protein shakes, learn to live with others, do his own laundry and learn to be responsible on his own. It does help them to prepare for adulthood. Smile