Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting Recruiting Dilemma"

This has been an interesting thread to me. I'm finding reading this board can often be far more enjoyable than posting on it. Big Grin

I think some of the questions asked here are in a lot of HS parents heads. Most are afraid to spit them out. For college or pro parents, don't you remember a summer or HS coach telling you that your son would play pro ball someday? That he had "AAA stuff?" Or that he could hit AA pitching right now? And you wanted to believe it? Might have told your aunt/uncle/grandmother about your wonder-child?

So if I think back to the kinds of questions swirling in my head at the same point in my son's baseball journey...I'm not too sure that many of them didn't have similar slants to them as 2Fast.

In fact, as my son is 2 months into his pro career, I often stop typing on my keyboard about things I've heard or seen or think...realizing that my enthusiasm may be a little naive at this time and yes, a little beyond reality. Wink

I feel I've only learned to 'hold back' through realizing how many times I was a little too excited too fast through his HS and college careers.

2Fast - I think your questions are pretty normal for the point you are at in your son's journey. From my point of view, go back and re-read Fungo's post about 20 times and think about it for an hour or two in between each read. Separate the two decisions, think about the reality of minor league baseball (lots of good, but its a tough life early on) and read this particular line 100 times (its a gem!):

quote:
A college education is MORE than a great experience AND may NOT make him a better ball player.

Good luck! clapping
Last edited by justbaseball