Reply to "Interesting tidbits from recent recruiting survey"

In my era recruiting was all word of mouth and coach’s help. There weren’t showcases and travel tournaments. I was fortunate to play on teams with other scouted players. Thirty years later my oldest (daughter) became a softball prospect. I had no idea what to do. 

Her travel program bumped her up to the Gold team. The coach told us to make a list. He said it was all going to happen fast. Girls are physically mature entering high school. I was advised do not use a recruiting service. A teammate’s parent with two girls already in college softball offered to help by sharing his experience. He advised do not use a recruiting service.

When I joined this board my son was fourteen. From experience I understood the process. But I still needed to know timing and destinations for baseball recruiting.

A friend’s son didn’t have a clue on the process. My first advice? Don’t pay anyone. I’ll help and you join hsbaseballweb for multiple alternate opinions. They hired an individual consultant for $1200. He gave them horrible advice. The mother finally asked how I know as much as this guy and respond faster for free. 

I told her I’ve been through it. But I’ve been on hsbaseballweb (at that time) for three years. What I don’t know or want more information I post a question and tell you the intelligent responses that relate to your son.