Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting tidbits from recent recruiting survey"

PitchingFan posted:

So you did it again Rocky.  You started a thread that bashes NCSA and recruiting sites.   I'm not sure if your plan is advertising for them or you are just sold on them but here goes.  I tell anyone who asks unless you have $2-3000 to throw away you do not need a recruiting site.  You can do all the work yourself or you can give me $3,000 and I will tell you what you want to hear.  For $3,000, I can be very appeasing. 

I referenced a survey that was just released.  I said specifically I was not plugging NCSA.  However, it's difficult to mention a survey and not mention where it came from.  I did not include a link to the survey. 

Some swear by Perfect Game and some say stay as far away as possible, because all it is is a money maker.  Some think specific prospect camps like Headfirst are worth their weight in gold.  Other's believe it's ridiculous and silly to spend that kind of money on any camp.  These things are all resources.  You use the resources you want, don't use the ones you don't believe in.  It's entirely up to you. People on here have a right to hear from all of us.  I like NCSA.  Respect that.  You obviously don't like NCSA.  I respect that.  Parents should hear about specific horror stories about different companies like NCSA, Perfect Game Prospectwire, BeRecruited, etc. But you should not try to censor anyone who likes these services who may have positive things to say. Yo are an anonymous person on this board.  we don't know who you are.  You can't be vetted.  How do we know if the information you share is valid? How do we know you are not being paid to bash NCSA?  See how silly this becomes.  If you have specific stories that you can share that are constructive that can help people, share them.  You don't have to be nasty about it.

And by the way, the reality is my post had nothing to do with promoting anyone.  a few of you have made it that for some strange reason.