Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting tidbits from recent recruiting survey"

tequila posted:
3and2Fastball posted:

In my opinion NCSA is a waste of time & money.    NCSA is just another scam in the travel ball world.

If we're going to go there, I'll give my two cents as someone with direct experience. After being referred to NCSA by a friend, we had an initial "evaluation" call and it was a HARD sell that took up at least the last 15 minutes of a 45 minute call. The dude knew that my son was on the phone as well and said some things that made the sense of urgency seem greater than it was. Despite this, we signed on anyway because we didn't know anything. I found HSBBW (and a couple of other no-cost treasure troves of information) two months later and would not have spent the $2034.00 that was required had I known about them earlier. The service was very useful in one way; the consolidated database of colleges and ability to search based on any number of filters, including things specific to baseball. Still not worth two grand but hindsight is 20/20 and I don't beat myself up about it. It ended up having little to no impact on my son's recruiting journey.

I agree, this part was the most beneficial to me: "The consolidated database of colleges and ability to search based on any number of filters, including things specific to baseball."  Everything else, not so much.  For me, 95% of its value is the database.  But you can find all the information in the database, without it.  The service locks you up for 2 years at like $100 a month.  It's steep.  You are basically paying $2,400 for access to a database.