Skip to main content

Reply to "Interesting tidbits from recent recruiting survey"

Rocky Alvarez posted:
PitchingFan posted:

So you did it again Rocky.  You started a thread that bashes NCSA and recruiting sites.   I'm not sure if your plan is advertising for them or you are just sold on them but here goes.  I tell anyone who asks unless you have $2-3000 to throw away you do not need a recruiting site.  You can do all the work yourself or you can give me $3,000 and I will tell you what you want to hear.  For $3,000, I can be very appeasing. 

I referenced a survey that was just released.  I said specifically I was not plugging NCSA.  However, it's difficult to mention a survey and not mention where it came from.  I did not include a link to the survey. 

Some swear by Perfect Game and some say stay as far away as possible, because all it is is a money maker.  Some think specific prospect camps like Headfirst are worth their weight in gold.  Other's believe it's ridiculous and silly to spend that kind of money on any camp.  These things are all resources.  You use the resources you want, don't use the ones you don't believe in.  It's entirely up to you. People on here have a right to hear from all of us.  I like NCSA.  Respect that.  You obviously don't like NCSA.  I respect that.  Parents should hear about specific horror stories about different companies like NCSA, Perfect Game Prospectwire, BeRecruited, etc. But you should not try to censor anyone who likes these services who may have positive things to say. Yo are an anonymous person on this board.  we don't know who you are.  You can't be vetted.  How do we know if the information you share is valid? How do we know you are not being paid to bash NCSA?  See how silly this becomes.  If you have specific stories that you can share that are constructive that can help people, share them.  You don't have to be nasty about it.

And by the way, the reality is my post had nothing to do with promoting anyone.  a few of you have made it that for some strange reason.  

I simply stated the obvious.  Since you ahve been on here as Rocky or R you have referenced NCSA in every post and two you started are about NCSA or one of their resources so I'm assuming you are deeply invested in it to some format.  You say you don't know me and I am anonymous well that is a lie as most of the regular posters on here are not.  Most of us have shared our identities either directly or indirectly by telling who our kids are.  You have to understand that this is a lot like a family on here.  We will fight each other every day and I mean every day because we don't always agree.  But we won't let someone else come on here and pick a fight with another brother/sister.  And God forbid daddy or mama have to get involved cause will shut this thing down (like they already did to your other thread).   That is why it is personal when we talk to,  about, argue with, and support each other.  We are a family.  We sincerely are proud of CabbageDad's son because we know the story and the ups and downs.  Some of us have been here for over a decade and know these other people personally either in person (several on here I have met over the years at tournaments, we used to do a day at WWBA where we met with each other) or because I have read all their stuff.  They know me and my kids, btw 2 D1 pitchers and one is a college softball coach now and a high school coach.  Have been high school baseball and softball coach and umpired both in high school and college.  Umpired baseball into minor leagues.   We would love to welcome you to the journey.  Just quit pushing a product so hard.  I'm a fan of PG but I will also be truthful about their misgivings.  One of the greatest resources that has ever been on here was PGSTAFF and we ran him off.  I met him face to face due to being on here and he is as genuine as it gets.  I've not always agreed with them and stated that numerous times on here but I think they are the best in the business.  I also support PBR highly.  Both were very instrumental in my son getting where he is now at University of Tennessee.  But I don't try to jam either down everybody's throats.  Welcome to famliy.  Hope you stay long enough for us to fight for you as well as with you.