Skip to main content

Reply to "Internet Broadcast of D3 Baseball"

The quality of broadcasts really varies from place to place. We watched son this weekend at tournament in California, but there was no audio so we listened to our home broadcast. Last weekend, we watched him in Florida on a broadcast that again had no sound and listened to the radio broadcast of a rundown at third as camera stayed focused on runner at first. All of that cost us $30 to be able to watch I think 6 games.

Last year I remember sending a private message on Twitter to the students broadcasting one of our home games, suggesting they turn off their microphones during breaks so we couldn't hear them yelling at each other about who was supposed to be doing what, and wasn't.

We looked at a college for my son that included a sports broadcasting major. It was a small D1, but their broadcasts seemed pretty professional.

I think the thing most of us forget is there are a lot of jobs in baseball that aren't on the field. If you look around at games, you'll have a great opportunity to check them out.