Skip to main content

Reply to "Internet Broadcast of D3 Baseball"

ILVBB posted:
My son graduated 10-years ago. At the time, I was happy with live stats, an occasional audio feed and a single camera with a student announcer. We were lucky because we had an alumni parent that was clearly ahead of the curve.

It was more or less the same when my son was at Winston-Salem State University (D2).   The broadcast was from a laptop camera that was located in the press box behind home plate at BB&T Ball Park.  At times it was tough to watch.   Picture wasn't that great but it was better than nothing.  And that was only for home games.   For most of the away games all we had to rely on was the live stats and even then some times it wasn't active.   Wouldn't find out the results until the next day or when our son called or text.

The play-by-play was by an older gentleman.  He would provide his phone # and you could text him during the game and he would reply via the live broadcast.

They were working on upgrading to a camera and better digital equipment, but the baseball program was cancelled by the university a few years after our son left.

When he was at a junior college we didn't have anything.   No broadcast or live stats.   Would have to check the school's athletic website or the local paper (online).