Skip to main content

Reply to "Invitation to visit"

Thanks Iowa mom. I see your point. 

My husband feels strongly that he see at least one other school and program, even though he’d be excited for our son to attend the school he has his eye on.

Meanwhile son told me today, when he got marketing mail from this school, that it’s a “special place” and he would be so lucky to go there. So we talked briefly about how he can make that decision now if he’d like to. 

So tomorrow we have a family talk about what to do next and we’ll make a plan. Time is winding down for sure.

We have been assured by coach that admission is not a problem and that he is one of their top guys. Coach seems like a class act so far. But in the event that my son applies ED to this school (in five weeks) and doesn’t get in, won’t he have lost the other options already? He’s a strong student but in no way a kid who can count on getting into these other schools without coach support. And even if he did, wouldn’t he have lost his roster spot?

So the advice to see other things through, in case admission doesn’t work out, I’m not clear about. Don’t the coaches move on the second you tell them you’re going ED somewhere else?

He is going to apply to a couple of state schools and some schools that he would be interested in without baseball, as a safety net.