Skip to main content

Reply to "Invitation to visit"

Chico Escuela posted:

Now I’m wondering if I missed an important memo along the way...  If a player has gotten a positive answer on a pre-read at a D3 and coach says he will support his ED application with the Admissions Office, then (except for a few schools that don’t allow coaches to ‘tip’ athletes), isn’t admission fairly certain?  Assuming a kid hasn’t been arrested or failed a class in the meantime, my working assumption has been that an ED applicant with coach support is getting in, barring some weird set of circumstances.

Chico - so glad you asked this question.  We have been told by the head coach that he is using one of his slots with admission on our son and that my son is to apply ED.   We committed back in early September (D3), our completed application has been submitted, we have notified the coaches and we wait till December with what we feel is a certain acceptance.   It's quite unnerving as we will not apply anywhere else.  It's the school he wants too!  SAT's are around the top 25% at school, GPA towards the lower 25% (we are at a very good HS), real solid application.  I will be uneasy until the letter comes but I feel certain it's done based on everything.  It's just an uneasy feeling.  If anyone thinks we have this wrong let me know please....