Skip to main content

Reply to "Is 10 years too soon to do this to a ballplayer/kid?"

OPP,
I think I would tell him that kids change so much between 10-12-14...Once the football coaches get a hold of the "annointed" catcher or even the wanna be, the kid may make a change. For now, parent needs to let the kid have fun & enjoy the game, learn the game. Pressure from dad will backfire...Running to a new town will teach him to run from a challenge!
Who wants the wanna be to play? Dad? or kid?
I moved my kids to public school when son finished 6th grade, daughter had finished 8th grade. The politics & parents are the same in this "town of 100,000" as it was in Dallas...
Daughter is in college. Son is a senior, committed to Tulane, setting up those in-home visits you are familiar with.
Changing from private to public was the thing we were focused on. Public to Public will probably be much of the same "life" they know now.
Kids grow by leaps & bounds, lose interest, work harder, pass up others...It goes both ways.
I'd say the parent needs to "chill" & encourage his son to do his best. If possible, & the kid wants to get better the parent may want to supplement with lessons...Who knows, he may become the "new annointed".
I'd never move because some parent thinks he's got the next Johnny Bench!

Hows that handsome Zach??
Last edited by baseballmom