Skip to main content

Reply to "Is baseball declining?"

This is starting to get old if not repetitive. First off, I can speak for our organization and a lot of others that use this forum and say we're willing to help people out financially.

If a family has financial problems and can't afford to play for me, talk to me! There's a way to work everything out. Whether the player travels with another family or coach, we work on off-setting the cost of player dues with service to the program etc, there are ways to do this.

Our goal is to help these kids play college ball at the best school for them. What we tell our kids is make sure it's a comfortable school for you (socially), an academically acceptable school for you, and lastly can you see yourself playing baseball there. We invest a lot of time into helping these young men on and off the field. We do not do this to make money. If people on this site think that someone can get wealthy from running a travel/showcase program they are sadly mistaken. Tournaments alone can cost $8,000+ if you enter more than one WWBA/PG event.

I think everyone on this site loves baseball and we want the kids to play the best possible baseball out there. We just all have different opinions on how to get that done. Doesn't mean we should start trashing how others do things, it's just different.