Skip to main content

Reply to "Is BB going to suffer another scandal ?"

quote:
Originally posted by BobbleheadDoll:
There have been some BB executives accused of skimming money from the Cuban players bonuses. Apparently the FBI is called in to invesigate these sccustaions. Another black eye for pro BB ?

I thought it was the Dominican Republic players, where the representatives allegedly received a 'commission' of sorts from the players and a like amount from the MLB club involved.

Based only on what I have read so far, it appears that there are quite a few people involved, and if that is the case, as one of the daytime judges always says in his courtroom ... "It is wrong! It is wrong! It is wrong! Did I say it's wrong?"

When I read about and hear stories like this, I always wonder how wealthy the scammers/embezzlers/con artists would be if they would apply the same effort and intelligence to doing something legitimate instead of taking advantage of others.

And if these allegations are true, I think the guilty parties should be punished as the law allows. And they should have to make restitution to the players who were affected