Skip to main content

Reply to "Is early "velocity training" a reason for the pitching injury increase?"

TheEditor posted:

Kyle, I noticed that with the recent move I wasn't seeing the younger kids in the new facility. So that's not a coincidence then. I take it then you won't be graduating any Drew Rasmussens this spring.

Can you tell us what's happened to the Showtime kids that kept throwing at the old place?

We have some HS kids but not many. The local climate is not good for us, most of the local coaches are firmly against this type of training (despite the fact Oregon State uses our stuff and we have pitchers at Oregon/Washington... whatever). So it is what it is. Our training pricing/scheduling is also not traditional, we only charge a monthly fee and don't do lessons, which is what most parents of HS kids want. All things considered I consider it addition by subtraction; it doesn't bother me much.

Showtime kids live too far realistically to train here. Traffic in the Seattle-Tacoma area has reached insane levels, so for a bunch of 12-13 year old kids to commute 1 hour in peak traffic to get a workout in is a bit much 2x/week for them. I understand. As far as I know, they're doing basic training concepts on their own and had quite a few good pitchers throwing well for them. I wish them the best.