Skip to main content

Reply to "Is he ready to showcase?"

PGStaff posted:

Sometimes I wish people would ask us rather than state things as though they are facts.

That said, when I read profound statements regarding what we do that aren't entirely factual, it is troubling.  For example, this one that I have read numerous times... If your numbers are poor, they stay on your PG profile forever.  That is only true if that is something the player wants.  People have no idea how many times we delete information by request.  We have deleted entire profiles, but most often it is just a running time or radar reading.  So nothing has to be there "forever".

Great point PG Staff.  Son has always been aware that PG would remove his 6.5 grade if he requested it be removed.  Especially since he was only 14 at the time, and went to the showcase because his dad (me!) was rushing him into the process.  

But son has always said, "No.  Leave it."  And has used it as a source of..............drive.  

As has often been mentioned on here in the past, most coaches will only trust their own eyes.  They like to see their beliefs confirmed by other reputable scouting services, but at the end of the day, it's their judgement not someone else's.  

Last edited by #1 Assistant Coach