Skip to main content

Reply to "Is he ready to showcase?"

2020dad posted:

5. Lessons - Just not a believer.  I know there are probably some great ones out there but I haven't run into them yet.  Mostly snake oil salesmen.  Then there are the cookie cutter guys.  The tobacco spitters who don't think you need video etc.  Don't trust 'em.  Not sure I would use them if I had millions, sometimes hurt more than they help!

Gonna differ with you on this some.  It took some searching but my son has found a very good hitting coach.  It did take some work to find him and its more tweaking then lessons.  My son is a decent hitter.  Hit .565 over the summer HS season in the run up through the playoffs.  Mostly line drives up the gap to the fence for 2B.  His hitting coach has realized that he has a decent swing and is a good hitter.  He is more or less there to keep him swinging throughout the winter.  He understands his role and is happy to throw to him.  He does make a tweak or two once in a while but nothing drastic.  It does take some work, but you can find coaches who know what they are doing and understand their roles.