Skip to main content

Reply to "Is HSBBW moving to CBBW?"

I found this board accidentally. It was good timing. My son was fourteen at the time. To me this board is about college baseball. The primary focus is about getting there. Here's what's listed in the "about" section of this board ...

What will you find here?

• Articles about college baseball recruiting, scholarships, and the MLB draft
  • Interviews with college coaches and pro scouts  
  • Recruiting "how to"  
  • Links to other baseball resources, camps and showcases  
  • A "world famous" message board community  

If these bullets are the main focus of the board how can it be without a lot of discussion of college ball. For a handful of more talented kids the discussion needs to be on turning pro out of high school. To me, this board is about "getting to the next level," not high school. The high school aspect of the discussion is about what to do in high school on and off the field to get to the next level. Any discussions on college and pro ball are relevant. They explain what the player is getting himself into. Some kids think they want to play college ball. But they have no idea how different it is from high school ball. 

A person doesn't have to read every discussion thread. Some may not be interesting to a certain person. Some may lose their appeal over time. I've found I might make ten posts in a day and then not make one for several days. It's based on the content. I can't imagine anyone complaining about what the discussions are unless they need to log off and get a life.

In defense of TPM I've crossed paths with Scorekeeper/StatsGnats for thirteen years on discussion boards. I understand exactly where she's coming from.