Skip to main content

Reply to "Is HSBBW moving to CBBW?"

Just to be sure there’s no mistake about what the OP said, here’s 2 quotes from it.

Not that I mind, but it sure seems this site has moved to being about 60/40 HSBB/CBB….

Again, I am not complaining! Since I have no interest in college ball, I seldom go to those threads. No harm. No foul….

I was not at all complaining, but simply making an observation. However, I will say this. As some of you know, I write a newsletter after every game I score, and in it not only do I give play by play, I try to pass on useful information to the parents and players. One way I do that is to recommend several baseball sites, one of them being here, because I only score HS games now-a-days.

During the spring and fall I only do varsity games, but during the summer I like to change pace and usually do the JV team. The “better” players/parents with dreams of playing on love it here and often talk about something they’d read here. But the players/parents during the summer have a slightly different take, as do those who really have no plans to play on.

They’ve already faced the fact that they aren’t good enough to play on the varsity team, and might never be, or won’t be worrying about baseball beyond HS. So although those of us with a lot of experience know, a Fr or So not making the varsity doesn’t mean a whole lot, almost everyone who’s playing HS ball is used to having been the star in Kiddieball or whatever travel or tournament team they played on, and aren’t used to having to deal with not being one of the best. Those people hit the HSBBW like a locust plague and try everything they read to try to alter their fortunes.

But the parents/players who are “well adjusted” and not worrying about something 3-4 years in the future, or something they don’t want to do in the future, often comment that there’s a lot of “stuff” here that just doesn’t pertain to them, and all they want to talk about is HS “stuff”. I don’t really care one way or the other because none of it pertains to me, but thought I’d make the observation.