Skip to main content

Reply to "Is HSBBW moving to CBBW?"

Originally Posted by ClevelandDad:

…The purpose of the site is providing information so that high school players can go on and play at the next level.  That's what everyone here cares about.  I doubt anyone cares about hs fall baseball, frankly but you are free to start that topic if you like.  In the spring, we do run a high school spring thread so we are balanced in that respect.  The reason we have the college fall thread is because that is the first time, after all the years of showcasing and recruiting, a kid gets to play against ALL college players for the first time.  That is quite the achievement and it provides motivation for those kids striving to do exactly the same.  Our site is unique and I hope it stays roughly the same.    

I won’t disagree with what you’re saying because obviously you know what EVERYONE here cares about much better than I. I just thought it might benefit the site to try to include more people on the incoming side rather than concentrate on those who are among the best on the outgoing side.

It seems to me there’s a mighty big audience of HS players and parents who aren’t yet or will ever be starters on the varsity squad that are getting ignored. You blow of HS fall ball, but I can tell you that I’ve never been involved with a HS varsity fall ball program that isn’t filled with players and parents hoping to impress the coach for the spring. More than any other time, fall HS baseball is when players get pretty much equal opportunity to show off their skills and try to get on the coach’s radar to maybe beat out someone ahead of them.

Last edited by Stats4Gnats