Skip to main content

Reply to "Is HSBBW moving to CBBW?"

My "agreement" with Stats" position is one of complete selfishness, I admit.  As a high school coach, I like discussing matters relating to high school baseball.  So the fact is, I may very well be in a minority as of 2014.....I just don't think I WAS in the minority when I first came across the website 10 or so years ago.

Please don't misunderstand me.  I'm not suggesting anyone is "wrong" or that the website should be changed, I just think it is an interesting observation about how things have changed over the years.

I go to the Coaching board and see that very little coaching information or tips are posted.  I can't swear to this, but I really believe that 10 years ago, those boards were incredibly more active.  I think you have high school coaches leaving this board because many of the topics discussed are outside of their interest, or because (and I'm making a broad statement here) many people who post on here consider high school coaches to be idiot English teachers who are just trying to make some extra $$$ running a high school program into the ground.  I know I come to the board less often than I used to because there are less and less topics of interest to me, or less and less topics that really fit in with my areas of expertise.

And I'll say it again:  that doesn't make what this board has become now, something that is wrong.  It's just something that is different from what it was.