Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it now the norm for Coaches to over-recruit knowing they will cut players?"

adbono posted:
infielddad posted:

I have never enjoyed posters who bring "innuendo" through pejorative references.  Yours is no different and  downright ugly in light of the current news.

You asked in an earlier post what your profession had to do with anything. Well here is the answer - you are overly argumentative and convolute the issue in an effort to sell your point of view. This all boils down to you thinking your son had D1 talent and was overlooked. This is not the forum for you to work that out. 

I don’t believe Infield has anything to work out. He’s been clear what his son was. I know from remembering when his son played. His kid was an undersized, marginal D1 prospect. At a D3 he grew, developed and was recruited to transfer to major D1’s. He stayed where he was. He was drafted and made it to AA before an injury ended the journey. I don’t believe anyone whose kid makes it to AA looks back and second guesses college.

The college recruiting process works against late bloomers. A friend’s son didn’t become a high end D3 potential pitcher until his senior year of high school. He was 5’10” throwing 84. He grew four inches and filled out in college. He added 10 mph to high fastball. He was throwing 94 when he was drafted.

Last edited by RJM