Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it still fun at 15?"

I can tell you I felt more pressure than he did and it was ALL self induced. I think other than the pressure of games situations (which is normal, good and fun), he only felt pressure once and that was when a ton of scouts game to see him in one particular game. He knew ahead of time they were coming so he was really worked up before the game. He threw the first pitch and then he was just playing a game with his guys.

College is different for him. He was a 2 way guys and never came out in HS, In summer ball he took his turn sitting out but was still a guy who played almost all the time. In college he is a pitcher, mostly a starting pitcher. So he watches a bunch of games. It is different for him and I. He is ok with it, understands, had a chance to possibly be a two way player but realized within a week of being in college that for him his best opportunity to get on the field was as a pitcher and so he focused on that. That being said, he really misses hitting and being on the field. So it is different