Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it still fun at 15?"

Chef kinda hit on something that some of our parents are dealing with right now.  Son is a 2017 and they are at the end of the HS summer ball season.  Next week we start summer league playoffs.  Last couple of games we have had a weird set of kids on the field.  Lots of complaining from parents about the kids playing.  "What is coach thinking", "Looks like he is only going to be playing Sr's next year", "Screwing over my kid again" etc.  

Had a double header yesterday.  My son played maybe 3 innings over both games.  A lot of the kids played most of both games.  Dads of the kids not playing were complaining, dads of kids playing were crowing about their kids playing time.  I was sitting in the bleachers with my wife trying to ignore all the noise.  During dinner that night my wife mentions something about "odd set of kids on the field today".  My son nonchalantly mentioned to her "oh yea coach told me yesterday not to worry about playing time, he's trying to get a last look as the borderline kids as well as give the kids who won't see playing time in the playoffs some time on the field".  Gonna be an interesting next couple of games.

I guess what I am getting at, is if you let these things bother you you will go crazy.  If you just sit back and enjoy what is going on then your life will be 100% better.