Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it time to start talking about the upcoming season yet?"

Originally Posted by RedStitch:

Where you live is where you go to school...at least that's how it works for the public schools.  The "government bureaucrats" set the attendance zones for the school system by where they draw the lines on the county map.  Move the line a mile and you move 50-100 kids. Then the schools would be equally populated.

Correct....but you were suggesting that someone should move the line so that everyone could be equal.  Or "have the same numbers".

People do go to school where they live, as you've suggested.  In other words...people chose where to live, based upon where they want their kids to go to school.  I don't care if my children go to a school that is "equally populated" to the others in the city.  I want my kids to go to the right school.  This is why I chose to live here.  

Some random person with no skin in the game choosing to move the line for the sake of "equality" is a disservice to those who make the conscious decision as to where they live, for the purpose of education.  What if someone moved from district A to district B to send their kids to XYZ school only to have someone from "downtown" change it. 

Perhaps we should have a portable mound that we can move closer for those who don't throw as hard.  Maybe that will level the playing field.

Last edited by GoHeels