Skip to main content

Reply to "Is it too soon to start discussion about Summer Baseball?"

Shipbuilder- sounds like an all-too-familiar scenario. Now we are starting to see some Posts fold due to lack of players. Much like pro sports NH summer baseball gets watered down (just like you have been saying) with the numerous teams that keep popping up.
Orange: Well said, I disagree only with one portion. The ground balls are ground balls, etc... The level of play is a huge factor in determining how beneficial it is to the players. If my Varsity team plays JV level competition the whole summer they are not getting any better. They are not getting tested or pushing themselves. If the level of play was not a factor in devloping players then why are there different levels in all baseball leagues (pro, semi, high school, GSBA, etc)?
A ground ball hit by a Varsity level kid is much different than a ground ball hit by a JV level kid. You see the difference in level of play when you go to a JV game.
I would take 3 games a week against higher level of competition than 6 games a week against weak teams.