Skip to main content

Reply to "Is my pop time good?"

my 2019 just did a Top  Prospects camp a couple weeks ago, hes going into his Soph yr, at the camp he  ending up being the top 2019 catcher over all, and 2nd to a 2018,  his numbers were pop 1.87 arm velo 77 mph ,

he's 5.9 155 pounds. but all muscle and living in the weight room, and in our basement workout area that I got for $60 on craigslist. he's eating right and gaining weight . hes a top prospect in our state, but he knows the work is not done , he was the starting catcher on his varsity team last year every game and batted 3rd-6th as a freshmen .

as to  your pop time it will come, but arm strength  is huge at the next level, like others saying arm care is #1, no one wants to see rainbows to 2nd, me personally I prefer my son to throw some into center field to show off the arm, I really hate to see PBR videos showing kids pop time at 1.8 but its always on a bounce, that doesn't work long term ,because at the next level combine arm and foot work and arm action will get you the starting times .

also you have to train your mind ,, MINDSET to me is the biggest factor that some make it and some don't,

sorry for the all the info kid, but since your a 2020, you have to work and sounds like you want it more than the other guy, you can be great and not have to spend all the money, you just have to choose the right program.

Last edited by c2019