Skip to main content

Reply to "Is my son a good candidate for recruiting?"

Thanks for the feedback! He is going to a smaller D1 prospect camp this weekend so I am hopeful to see how he stacks up. I was not as encouraging with him on the D1 route because I assumed they would only be looking for pitchers throwing high 80's. He isn't there yet. I think he has great potential though because he has really dedicated himself this off season with the workouts and velocity program. 

The last feedback we got from a college was pretty positive I thought. Hard to understand how they explain things. I told my son to take it to his pitching coach and ask him to "decode". He was told they liked his presence on the mound and his delivery. Other than that it was hieroglyphics to me. LOL. 

The last thing they mentioned is potential with room to grow and strengthen. So that could be good or bad?

If they asked for his summer schedule does that mean they will really come watch? And how do you know who will be in attendance at a PG showcase event? I read somewhere that if he has a school he is targeting he should make sure to walk up to them at a showcase and introduce himself again and have a conversation with them. How would we know if they are there?