Skip to main content

Reply to "Is my son a good candidate for recruiting?"

You and your son are doing all the right things based on your post.   Keep up the good work, and continue to be skeptical as that will come in handy later on  ;-).  There is a lot of information out there and HSBBWeb is a great place to get the real skinny about all your questions.   Your son should continue to focus on his academics as that can open many doors or at least differentiate him among other recruits/candidates.  As a parent, I'd dive into learning as much as possible about the various schools and how they typically recruit or their recruiting requirements.  There are a lot of differences out there.   Trust me, I learned the hard way many years ago.

To pile onto to CACO3GIRL's comments....knowing what you want to get out of college or after college is a huge deal....professional baseball player or professional engineer.   This can help your son with the choices that may present themselves during his recruitment.  These are huge choices for a young man, and not always easy.  You've come to the right place.

Good luck!  As always, JMO.