Skip to main content

Reply to "Is November 2018 Headfirst Camp too late for 2019"

cluelessDad2019 posted:

Clueless Jr is a 2019 RHP, and a late bloomer (we hope). He is not currently on anybody's radar. He is a good student and we are hoping that a good showing at a Fall Senior year camp will generate a D3 coaches interest.

If he were to attend a Nov 2018 camp (HF), would this be too late to catch an interest, visit a school, decide if it was a good fit, and apply in time? We have been and will continue to visit schools on our own, but we are casting a wide net, which makes it tough to cover. 

This is all feeling pretty real now, and i want to make sure i don't shoot myself in the foot with a bad plan. 

TIA

Please clarify how good of a student?  GPA? ACT or SAT?

Concur with JCG and Branson that you need to plan much earlier to get the exposure, possibly starting with a showcase in June of rising senior summer.  D3 coaches are still trying to get the best possible baseball players they can.  And the top D3's and top academic D3's typically get first pick, and they are "identifying" players as early as June.  

You need to know that top academic showcases sell out early in the year, so it's important to be aware of the early sign up and sell out's.  It's also key for you to have a realistic sense of your son's baseball ability, as well as knowing his overall academic (gpa + SAT-ACT) and how it may fit with D3's.

Last edited by Gov