Skip to main content

Reply to "is our advice generic/ slanted ?"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
My son was what you might refer to as a blue chip player

My son was what you would call a "shade of grey" chip player. I came onto this site after he signed so we did it our way, which is a story in itself, and would be probably frowned upon by many. The kid had minimal little travel team experience, even less showcase experience. We come from a non baseball State where the only thing scouted are deer, bear, and fish. But it worked for us to the Nth degree. He sold himself on paper and online, he opened enough eyes to max out official visits around the country and had a choice of where he wanted to go. Things worked his way mainly because of his passion to succeed and not his proof of success. That is not the normal path.

Bottom line, this site is invaluable, the advice is often generic, and in many cases slanted. But advise is always rated generic and slanted by the interpretation of the listeners. What this site does do is open up that advise to opinions and counter advise from different perspectives. With our geographics, baseball opportunities, and family dynamics, I can't keep my mouth shut and always agree with what someone from Fl or CA did during their recruiting process because it didn't apply for us. But, our situation may be similar to someone else.

What I think is most important as this site grows is that those with the miles on the shoes don't push their points because of those miles. When all is said and done, this process ends up being a "family decision" and there's nothing worse than someone from the outside grading those decisions because of their own families resources or opportunities.
Last edited by rz1