Skip to main content

Reply to "Is SAT score of 1600 good enough to get in D1 college"

quote:
At Stanford, increase the SAT to 550 in all three categories (or 1100 for the two)and the GPA to 3.0 and you are in -- if they like you enough on the field. The ACT provides additional opportunity.

You could hit 100 HR over the fence and I do not think those scores would get you into Stanford.I think the UCs if you have 3.3-3.5 and decent SATs you could get in with baseball,but not Stanford.You have to make it through admissions ,I have heard as mentioned previously that there are players they have wanted and they can not get in.
Stanford of all the schools in CA. or anywhere besides IVIES is probably one of the toughest.I think the coach there has to be a GREAT recruiter and leave no stones unturned to find the types of kids who play there.My hats off to those kids becasue they are really a special bunch of young men.College baseball is hard for all but some schools are harder than others.
I remember watching them on TV years ago, there was a guy pitching who was going to school to be some type of biomedical degree, he had a 4.0 at Stanford and played baseball.I was thinking these boys are incredible.
Last edited by fanofgame